The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: Obama's State of the Union address, C.S. Lewis' reading of 'Mere Christianity,' Joel Belz commentary on new fundamentalists, a speech from Mitt Romney, a look at sports with Mark Bergin
In this week's program, President Obama delivers the State of the Union address, listen to C.S. Lewis read "Mere Christianity," hear Joel Belz's take on new fundamentalists, conservatives in the Presbyterian Church (USA) form a new denomination, and much more.
Hour A, Segment 1
Obama's State of the Union address: A reelection blueprint?
GOP presidential hopefuls focus on Florida
The 2012 March for Life
Hour A, Segment 2
Hour A, Segment 3
Writers Read: C.S. Lewis
- In a March 1944 radio broadcast, C.S. Lewis read an essay that he later made part of his best-selling 1952 book Mere Christianity.
Hour A, Segment 4
Apple enters the textbook market—via the iPad
$10 million prize offered for a workable Tricorder, a la Star Trek
A great voice goes silent
- Get more details about Apple's venture into textbook publishing and distribution. Howard Brinkman covers education stories for TW&E. Brinkman is publisher of God's World News' monthly social studies publications and curriculum for Christian schools and homeschools. For subscription information, click here.
- Learn more about the Oualcomm Tricorder X Prize. Michael Cochrane is TW&E's technology correspondent.
- Read The New York Times' obituary for announcer/voice actor Dick Tufeld.
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour B, Segment 1
Egypt: One year later
An update on the economy
Off the beaten path—with Steve Moore
- World News Group's Jamie Dean reports on Egypt's current political situation in "One year later."
- Warren Cole Smith covers business and economic news for World News Group.
- Steve Moore is a long-time radio host and the founder of BirdWatchRadio.com. He is currently the co-host of MoneyWise from Compass—finances God's way.
Hour B, Segment 2
Hour B, Segment 3
Tim Thomas, Joe Paterno, and Eli Manning
- Mark Bergin covers sports for WORLD Magazine.
Hour B, Segment 4
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Jan. 28, 1521 — The Diet of Worms begins in Worms, Germany, lasting until May 25. The assembly called on Catholic monk Martin Luther to recant his writings that criticized the actions of the Church.
- Jan. 27, 1967 — Apollo I astronauts Gus Grissom, Edward White, and Roger Chaffee die in a flash fire during a launchpad test.
- Jan. 28, 1986 — The space shuttle Challenger explodes shortly after liftoff, killing all seven crew members.