The World and Everything in It is an audio news magazine produced daily (Monday-Friday), with a longer week-in-review program on weekends. Hosted by Nick Eicher and Joseph Slife, the program features reports, interviews, and analysis from WORLD's editorial team.
Find a station near you, or subscribe to the free podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or the RSS icon shown above.
Send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
News, reviews, interviews: the Keystone pipeline kerfuffle, the state of the pro-life movement in 2012, a review of 'Joyful Noise,' fighting human trafficking and modern-day slavery, and the State of the Union
In this week's program, reports on the Keystone pipeline kerfuffle, Rev. Luke Robinson speaks at the March for Life, Megan Basham reviews the Golden Globe Awards and the new movie "Joyful Noise," the Olasky Interview, the State of the Union, and more.
Hour A, Segment 1
The Keystone pipeline kerfuffle
Bad political timing
The "Poe Toaster" appears no more
Hour A, Segment 3
The Golden Globe Awards
Review: Joyful Noise
- Megan Basham reviews film and TV for World News Group.
- Read Megan's review of Joyful Noise from the Jan. 28 issue of WORLD Magazine.
Hour A, Segment 4
The Olasky Interview: Charmaine Yoest, Americans United for Life
- Charmine Yoest is president and CEO of Americans United for Life, the oldest national prolife organization in the U.S. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Virginia and has served as vice president at the Family Research Council.
- Read an excerpt of Marvin Olasky's interview with Yoest from the Jan. 28 issue of WORLD Magazine.
Hour A, Segment 5
Commentary: The evangelical endorsement of Rick Santorum
- Commentator Tim Echols is the founder of TeenPact Leadership Schools. He is also chairman of the Georgia Public Service Commission. A partial list of evangelicals endorsing Sen. Santorum is here.
- Read WORLD News Group news editor Jamie Dean's Web Extra report on the evangelical leaders' endorsement of Santorum.
Hour B, Segment 1
The legal state of the pro-life movement in America
An update on the economy
- Mary Reichard is the legal affairs correspondent for The World and Everything in It.
- Warren Cole Smith covers business and economic news for WORLD News Group.
Hour B, Segment 2
Fighting human trafficking and modern-day slavery
- The National Human Trafficking Resource Center offers a toll-free 24/7 hotline: 888-373-7888.
- Polaris Project combats all forms of human trafficking and serves both U.S. citizens and foreign national victims.
- Slavery Footprint helps consumers visualize how their consumption habits are connected to modern-day slavery.
Hour B, Segment 3
Book Nook: Four books on human life
- Susan Olasky reviews books for World News Group. Read her reviews of Merchants of Despair by Robert Zubrin, Unnatural Selection by Mara Hvistendahl, Unplanned by Abby Johnson, and Innocent Blood by John Ensor from the Jan. 28 issue of WORLD Magazine.
Hour B, Segment 4
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Jan. 21, 1861 - U.S. Sen. Jefferson Davis (D-Miss.) resigns his office. About three weeks later he became president of the Confederate States of America.
- Jan. 22, 1973 - The U.S. Supreme Court hands down its Roe vs. Wade and Doe vs. Bolton decisions, effectively nullifying state laws that protected the unborn from abortion.
- Jan. 20, 1981 - Former actor and California governor Ronald Reagan is inaugurated as the 40th president of the United States; minutes later, Iran releases 52 American hostages that had been held by Islamist militants for 444 days.