The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
News, reviews, and interviews: GOP rivals anticipate South Carolina, Texas federal court upholds sonogram law, The Olasky Interview, and an analysis of Obama's military plan
In this week's program, GOP rivals look ahead to the South Carolina primary, news regarding a federal court upholding the Texas sonogram law, Marvin Olasky talks with Rep. Trent Franks of Arizona, listen to Martin Luther King Jr.'s legendary speech, retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Bentley B. Rayburn discusses President Obama's leaner military plan, and much more.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Jan. 15, 1919 - A large molasses tank in Boston, Mass., bursts, sending a 40-foot wave of molasses rushing through the streets. Twenty-one people died, 150 were injured.
- Jan. 15, 1967 - The Green Bay Packers of the National Football League defeat the Kansas City Chiefs of the American Football League 35-10 in the first Super Bowl. Until last year, it was thought that no recording of the TV broadcast of the game existed.
- Jan. 15, 2001 - The web-based encyclopedia Wikipedia makes its debut.
Hour B, Segment 4
President Obama's plan for a leaner military
- Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Bentley B. Rayburn is now president of Colorado Technical University.
Hour B, Segment 3
North Carolina proposes to remunerate victims of forced sterilization
- Kate Rea is a general-assignment reporter for The World and Everything in It.
- Learn more about the history of the North Carolina Eugenics Board.
Hour B, Segment 2
Hour B, Segment 1
Supreme Court weighs FCC indecency ban
Debt troubles continue to rattle Europe
Pastors push back against NYC church ban
- WORLD News Group's Emily Belz reported on the indecency case in "Indecent Exposure."
- Warren Cole Smith covers business and economic news for WORLD News Group.
- WORLD New York reported on Thursday's arrest of pastors who were protesting New York City's soon-to-be-implemented ban on churches renting worship space in public schools. WPIX-TV posted raw video of the protest and arrests.
Hour A, Segment 5
Church stunts are nothing new
- Shane Raynor is the content manager for MinistryMatters.com.
Hour A, Segment 4
Predicting the top church news of 2012
Muslims are converting to Christianity in significant numbers
Hour A, Segment 3
The Olasky Interview: Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.)
- Rep. Trent Franks represents Arizona's 2nd Congressional District. He is a member of the House Judiciary Committee and the House Armed Services Committee.
Hour A, Segment 2
Federal court upholds Texas sonogram law
South Dakota case highlights 'informed consent'
- State Sen. Dan Patrick, author of the Texas sonogram bill, comments on the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal's ruling here (PDF).
- Mary Reichard is the legal affairs correspondent for The World and Everything in It.
Hour A, Segment 1
GOP rivals look ahead to South Carolina
Supreme Court issues landmark religious-liberty ruling
Cellphone stops New York Philharmonic concert