The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: the Book Nook, Passion 2012, pastors protest, the year ahead in law, and Santorum's Iowa surprise
In this week's program, Susan Olasky shares reviews of several nonfiction titles, a report on Passion 2012 in Atlanta, a news report on pastors protesting in New York City, a look at the year ahead in law, more information about Rick Santorum's surprise finish in the Iowa caucus, and much more.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Jan. 6, 1838 - Samuel F.B. Morse successfully tests the electric telegraph. Within 25 years, telegraph lines had spread across the nation, allowing quick communication from coast to coast.
- Jan. 8, 1964 - President Lyndon B. Johnson declares "war on poverty."
- Jan. 7, 1979 - The Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh falls to invading communist forces from Vietnam.
- Jan. 9, 2001 - Apple chief Steve Jobs introduces iTunes, a music player and audio-file manager. Today, iTunes is installed on an estimated 250 million computers and other devices worldwide—and serves up podcasts of The World and Everything in It.
Hour B, Segment 4
Hour B, Segment 3
Hour B, Segment 2
TW&E series: Let the Candidate Speak
- Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is making his third run for the nation's highest office. The official Ron Paul campaign website is here.
Hour B, Segment 1
Pastors protest in NYC
Two abortionists face murder charges
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour A, Segment 4
Sherlock Holmes convention
Death of a swordsman
- Susan Olasky is the books and lifestyle editor for WORLD News Group. Read her reviews of The Grace Effect by Larry Taunton, You Will See Fire by Christopher Goffard, and A More Perfect Heaven by Dava Sobel in the Jan. 14 issue of WORLD Magazine.
- Learn more about the Baker Street Irregulars Weekend in New York City. Listen to the "I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere" podcast.
- See some of swordmaster Bob Anderson's film work. Anderson died New Year's Day at age 89.
Hour A, Segment 3
The year ahead in law
- Mary Reichard is the legal affairs correspondent for The World and Everything in It.
Hour A, Segment 2
Hackers in space
- Emily Glazer is a reporter for The Wall Street Journal. Read her article "Churches Bring Custom Apps to Their Flocks."
- Michael Cochrane is the technology correspondent for The World and Everything in It. Learn more about the proposal by some computer hackers to create their own network of communication satellites.
Hour A, Segment 1
Santorum serves up an Iowa surprise, Bachmann bails
- Reporter Joel Hannahs covered the Iowa caucus for WORLD News Group. Read his WORLDmag.com Web Extra "Photo Finish."