The World and Everything in It is an audio news magazine produced daily (Monday-Friday), with a longer week-in-review program on the weekend. Hosted by Nick Eicher and Joseph Slife, the program features reports, interviews, and analysis from WORLD's editorial team.
Find a station near you that carries our weekend program, play our programs online, or access our podcasts by clicking the iTunes icon or the RSS icon in the right-hand column. (Note: To receive both the daily TW&E podcast and the weekend podcast, you must subscribe to each separately.)
Send comments or questions to email@example.com, or call 202-709-9595.
News, reviews, and interviews: Herman Cain on the rise, interview with Eric Metaxas, economics analysis with Warren Smith, Rick Santorum's speech at Values Voter Summit, and the winner of the Hope Award for Effective Compassion is announced
In this week's program, an interview with Rep. James Lankford (R-Okla.) about Operation Fast and Furious, Eric Metaxas discusses Socrates in the City, a remembrance of Arthur Holmes and Roger Williams, news reports on Egyptian violence, coverage of Rick Santorum's speech at the Values Voter Summit, Marvin Olasky announces the winner of the 2011 Hope Award for Effective Compassion, and much more.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book:
- Oct. 15, 539 B.C. - Cyrus the Great captures Babylon and chooses to release the Jews from almost from almost 70 years of captivity. He allows them to return to Judah and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. Read about it in Ezra, chapter 1.
- Oct. 15, 1969 - An estimated two million demonstrators nationwide participate in the Moratorium to End the War in Vietnam. Here is a story about the event that appeared in the UK's Guardian newspaper.
- Oct. 16, 1978 - Cardinal Karol Jozef Wojtyla of Poland is elected Pope of the Roman Catholic church and becomes John Paul II. He became the church's second longest-serving Pope, leading the Roman Catholic Church until his death in 2005.
- Oct. 15, 1991 - Following bitter confirmation hearings, the U.S. sneate narrowly confirms the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, 52-48.
Hour B, Segment 4
Marvin Olasky announces the winner of the Hope Award
Hour B, Segment 3
Hour B, Segment 2
2012 Campaign: former Sen. Rick Santorum speaks at the Values Voter Summit
Hour B, Segment 1
Jobs bill falls
- WORLD Magazine's Warren Smith discusses the state of the economy.
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour A, Segment 4
Afganistan 10 years later
Hour A, Segment 3
Hour A, Segment 2
Hour A, Segment 1
GOP debate roundup: Herman Cain on the rise
Non-conventional wisdom from Randy Evans about the GOP field.