The World and Everything in It is an audio news magazine produced daily (Monday-Friday), with a longer week-in-review program on the weekend. Hosted by Nick Eicher and Joseph Slife, the program features reports, interviews, and analysis from WORLD's editorial team.
Find a station near you that carries our weekend program, play our programs online, or access our podcasts by clicking the iTunes icon or the RSS icon in the right-hand column. (Note: To receive both the daily and weekend programs, you must subscribe to each one separately.)
Send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
News, reviews, and interviews: Marvin Olasky talks with author Thomas Kidd, a look at the theatrical performance of 'The Screwtape Letters,' Vanderbilt requires conformity from students, GOP candidates bare their souls in Des Moines, and the history behind black gospel music
In this week's program, Marvin Olasky has a conversation with author Thomas Kidd, a closer look at the theatrical performance of 'The Screwtape Letters' starring Max McLean, Vanderbilt University requires students to conform in order to aid diversity, GOP candidates bare their souls to voters in Des Moines, the history behind black gospel music, and much more.
Hour A, Segment 1
Is the Arab Spring a Pandora's Box?
GOP presidential candidates debate foreign policy
Canadian court says no to polygamy
- Michael Youssef is the founding pastor of Church of the Apostles in Atlanta
- Frank J. Gaffney is the president of the Washington D.C.-based Center for Security Policy and the host of the program, Secure Freedom Radio.
- Read the decision against polygamy handed down to the British Columbia Supreme Court. A related statement issued by the B.C. Attorney General Shirley Bond is here.
Hour A, Segment 2
Hour A, Segment 3
Hour A, Segment 4
Vanderbilt University pressures Christian groups to drop their leadership requirements
The 'Ten Commandments judge' runs to reclaim his former job
- Leigh Jones is the editor of WorldOnCampus.com. Her story "Campus conformity" is in the current issue of WORLD Magazine.
- Read syndicated columnist George Will's recent column about the situation at Vanderbilt, "Conformity for Diversity's Sake."
- In late September, Vanderbilt issued a statement saying that the university is "committed to finding a solution to this issue."
- The Associated Press reported on Judge Roy Moore's decision to run again for Chief Justice of the state of Alabama.
Hour A, Segment 5
Giving thanks in all circumstances
- Commentator Andrée Seu is a senior writer for WORLD News Group. She is also the author of Normal Kingdom Business (World and Life Books).
Hour B, Segment 1
Supercommittee ends in non-super fashion
Obama appointee who embraced healthcare rationing heads for door
Hour B, Segment 2
Notable Speeches Past and Present: President Kennedy calls for tax cuts to spur the economy
- Learn more about President John. F. Kennedy's Dec. 14, 1962, speech to the Economic Club of New York.
Hour B, Segment 3
Hour B, Segment 4
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Nov. 26, 1789 - President George Washington proclaims a national day of Thanksgiving.
- Nov. 26, 1863 - President Abraham Lincoln proclaims that the nation will celebrate Thanksgiving Day each November.
- Nov. 26, 1942 - Casablanca, considered one of the top Hollywood films of all time, premieres in New York.
- Nov. 27, 1963 - Lyndon Johnson delivers his first speech as president following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.