The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, interviews: Dr. Conrad Murray is found guilty, Phill Kline on the Kansas Planned Parenthood case, a tribute to our veterans, and a film review of 'In Time'
In this week's program, hear Phill Kline discuss the Kansas Planned Parenthood case, GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich speaking at the Values Voter Summit, Robert Rector on poverty, a tribute to our veterans, an economics roundup with Warren Cole Smith, Megan Basham reviewing the film 'In Time,' and much more.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Nov. 11, 1620—Fourty-one Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sign the Mayflower Compact, setting forth the type of government they will live under in America.
- Nov. 13, 1979—In a televised address, former California Gov. Ronald Reagan announces he's running for president.
- Nov. 13, 1998—President Bill Clinton pays former Arkansas state employee Paula Jones $850,000 to settle a sexual harrassment suit. The suit related to an alleged incident in 1991 when Clinton was governor of Arkansas.
Hour B, Segment 4
Praying for the persecuted church
- Sunday (Nov. 13) is the 16th annual observance of the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church.
- Godfrey Yogarajah, based in Sri Lanka, is the executive director of the Religious Liberty Commission of the World Evangelical Alliance.
Hour B, Segment 3
At the movies
- WORLD News Group film reviewer Megan Basham says In Time is interesting as a science fiction concept—but dull as a political allegory. Her review is here.
Hour B, Segment 2
The last U.S. veteran from World War I
Remembering Family Circus creator Bil Keane
Hour B, Segment 1
Iran working on nuclear weapon?
Debt woes topple governments in Italy and Greece
The debt-reduction Super Committee seems to be making little or no progress
Hour A, Segment 5
- Read more about U.S. Marine Capt. Ryan Voltin.
Hour A, Segment 4
The Census Bureau releases a 'supplemental poverty measure'
- The Bureau says its new measurement is "intended to better reflect contemporary social and economic realities and government policy effects and thus provide a further understanding of economic conditions and trends."
- Robert Rector is a Senior Research Fellow at the Heritage Foundation in Washington D.C.
Hour A, Segment 3
- Read WORLD News Group's coverage of the defeat of the Mississippi personhood initiative.
Hour A, Segment 2
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on the reining in the federal judiciary
Hour A, Segment 1
D.C. Circuit upholds Obamacare
Michael Jackson's doctor guilty of involuntary manslaughter
More evidence shredded in Kansas Planned Parenthood case
- Read "Shredded Again," WORLD News Group's latest coverage of the Planned Parenthood investigation in Kansas.