The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: a look at musical politicians, a conversation with Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist, Susan Olasky discusses three new books, a speech from Paul Ryan, and Billy Graham turns 93
In this week's program, an interview with Ted Cruz, a look at musical politicians, a conversation with Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist, economics roundup with Warren Cole Smith, a notable speech from Paul Ryan at the Heritage Foundation, Susan Olasky reviews four books about God's work in the world, an interview with author Scott Lamb, and much more.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Nov. 5, 1605—The unsuccessful 1605 Gunpowder Plot sought to kill King James I and members of Parliament.
- Nov. 7, 1917—Vladimir Lenin seizes power in Russia, the start of decades of deadly communism.
- Nov. 5, 1968—Richard Nixon beats Vice President Hubert Humphrey and Alabama Gov. George Wallace to win the presidency.
Hour B, Segment 4
The World Champion St. Louis Cardinals lose La Russa—and maybe Albert Pujols too?
- Scott Lamb is director of research for Albert Mohler, the president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., and the co-author of Pujols: More Than the Game (Thomas Nelson).
Hour B, Segment 3
Book Nook: Reviews by Susan Olasky
- WORLD News Group senior writer Susan Olasky reviews God Is Red by Liao Yiwu (Harper Collins), A Heart for Freedom by Chai Ling (Tyndale House), and Out of the Far Corners: An Epic Tale of Rejection, Grace, and Deliverance by Peter Iliyn (YWAM Publishing). Read more about these books.
Hour B, Segment 2
Hour B, Segment 1
Greece reaps what it sowed
U.S. economic train gathering steam?
Radio preacher Harold Camping issues an apology
- Reporter Warren Cole Smith covers the economy and the markets for WORLD News Group.
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour A, Segment 4
Date of New Hampshire primary set
A conversation with Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist
Remembering Revolutionary War patriot Joseph Warren
Hour A, Segment 3
- Herman Cain's 1996 gospel album Sunday Morning is available as an mp3 download from Amazon.com.
- A recording of President Harry Truman playing Debussy's "Premiere Arabesque" is here.
- Learn more about former Vice President (and Nobel Peace Prize recipient) Charles G. Daws, composer of the tune used for the pop standard, "It's All in the Game."
Hour A, Segment 2
Hour A, Segment 1
Congress subpoenas White House materials on funding to now-bankrupt 'green energy' company
Media feeding frenzy over thinly sourced allegations about Herman Cain