The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to email@example.com, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: 2011 in politics, law, economics, news, deaths, sports, and movies
In the special 2011 Year in Review program, a closer look at the year in politics, law, economics, news, deaths, sports, and movies; a commentary about the Facebook Timeline; the celebration of the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible; and much more.
Hour A, Segment 1
The year in politics
- Reporter Joel Hannahs is covering the Iowa caucus for WORLD News Group. Read his WORLDmag.com Web Extra "Caucus countdown."
Hour A, Segment 2
The top stories of 2011
- Jill Nelson is a reporter for WORLD News Group.
- Mindy Belz is the editor of WORLD Magazine.
- Carl Peetz is a radio producer and freelance reporter.
Hour A, Segment 3
The economic year in review
- Warren Cole Smith covers business and economic news for WORLD News Group. Read his recent article about 2011 debt troubles in Europe (WORLD, Dec. 31).
- Warren Levinson is a New York City-based reporter for the Associated Press.
Hour A, Segment 4
The year in law
- Mary Reichard is the legal affairs correspondent for The World and Everything in It.
- Reporter Steve Coleman covers religion stories for the Associated Press.
Hour A, Segment 5
Matthew Lee Anderson commentary: Facebook Timeline
- Commentator Matthew Lee Anderson is the author of Earthen Vessels: Why Our Bodies Matter to Our Faith (Bethany House, 2011). He blogs at MereOrthodoxy.com.
Hour B, Segment 1
News of the week
- Learn more about the new report on Global Christianity from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.
Hour B, Segment 2
2011: The 400th anniversary of the King James Bible
- The prepared text of British Prime Minister David Cameron's recent address on the King James Bible is here.
Hour B, Segment 3
Departures: Notable deaths in 2011
- Our sister publication WORLD Magazine also reported on notable deaths that occurred in 2011.
Hour B, Segment 4
The year in sports and at the movies
- Kent Covington is a freelance reporter.
- Megan Basham is the entertainment editor for WORLD News Group.
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Dec. 31, 1879 - Thomas Edison publicly demonstrates the first practical incandescent lighting.
- Jan. 1, 1993 - Czechoslovakia peacefully breaks into two countries: the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Jan. 1, 1773 - The hymn that became known as "Amazing Grace" is used for the first time in a worship service. British preacher John Newton composed the hymn to accompany a sermon on 1 Chronicles 17.