The World and Everything in It is WORLD Radio's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: immigration-enforcement law goes to the Supreme Court, Rick Perry addresses the New Hampshire House of Representatives, WORLD's Daniel of the Year is profiled, a warning about 'The Descendants,' and the earliest recorded sounds
In this week's program, legal affairs correspondent Mary Reichard reports on Arizona immigration-enforcement law, the fifth installment of "Let the Candidate Speak" with Rick Perry, a closer look at WORLD Magazine's 2011 Daniel of the Year, WORLD News Group entertainment editor Megan Basham provides a warning about George Clooney's latest film, the earliest recorded sounds, and much more.
Hour A, Segment 1
Iraq war officially ends
Arizona immigration-enforcement law heads to Supreme Court
Hour A, Segment 2
"Let the Candidate Speak": Rick Perry
- This is the fifth in our series highlighting speeches by presidential candidates. This address by Gov. Rick Perry of Texas was delivered Nov. 30 to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
- The prepared text of Gov. Perry's speech is available here.
Hour A, Segment 3
A TW&E Series: "Favorite Songs of Christmas"
- During December, our listeners are telling us about their favorite Christmas music.
- This week, we hear from Dr. Leslie Boucher, professor of music and Dean of Arts and Science at Emmanuel College in Franklin Springs, Ga.
- The story behind the world's most famous Christmas carol is told here. The Vienna Boys Choir is featured in a 2004 DVD titled The Story of Silent Night.
Tell us about your favorite Christmas song and favorite Christmas recording! Email email@example.com
Hour A, Segment 4
WORLD Magazine's Daniel of the Year: Alan Chambers
- Since 1998, WORLD Magazine has selected a Daniel of the Year, a person who has stood firm against ungodly cultural and intellectual trends (Daniel 6:6-16).
- This year's Daniel, profiled by WORLD news editor Jamie Dean, is Alan Chambers of Exodus International.
Some copyrighted audio used in this segment is courtesy of the Catalyst Conference. For more information about Catalyst and event details, visit www.catalystspace.com.
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour B, Segment 1
U.S. government narrowly avoids another shutdown
Religious Freedom commission gets eleventh hour reprieve
Reading the economic signs
Atheists displace Nativity scenes in California city
- Rep. James Lankford (R-Okla.), a member of the House Budget Committee, writes here about the Government Shutdown Prevention Act.
- Read Emily Belz's WORLDmag.com Web Extra report on Congress reauthorizing the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom.
- The website of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom is here.
- The Los Angeles Times reported on atheists "hijacking" Nativity displays in Santa Monica, Ca.
Hour B, Segment 2
The Olasky Interview: Jay Hein
- Read an excerpt from the interiew in the Dec. 17 issue of WORLD Magazine.
- Jay F. Hein, president of the Indiana-based Sagamore Institute, is a former director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. His book, Armies of Compassion, is scheduled for release in 2012.
- Marvin Olasky is the editor of WORLD Magazine and he holds the Distinguished Chair in Journalism and Public Policy at Patrick Henry College in Purcellville, Va.
- The Olasky Interview is an occasional feature of The World and Everything in It.
Hour B, Segment 3
At the movies: The Descendants
- WORLD News Group entertainment editor Megan Basham says this new George Clooney film is definitely one to stay away from. Read Megan's WORLDmag.com Web Extra review.
Hour B, Segment 4
Making a modern-day Stradivarius
Recovering the earliest recorded sounds