The World and Everything in It is WORLD News Group's daily half-hour audio news magazine, produced Monday-Friday. Play our programs and segments online below, or subscribe to the podcast by clicking the iTunes icon or RSS icon in the right column.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 202-709-9595.
A longer week-in-review TW&E program airs weekends on many radio stations. (If you wish to receive both the daily TW&E podcast plus the podcast version of the weekend program, you must subscribe to each separately.)
News, reviews, and interviews: Obama and congressional Republicans battle over payroll tax, Andrée Seu commentary on Christmas and your boss, a notable speech from Franklin D. Roosevelt, the history of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas,' and listeners share favorite music of Christmas
In this week's program, Obama and the congressional Republicans battle over payroll tax legislation, two states try to drop the title of "Christmas" from their festivities, a look at the history of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," a commentary from Andrée Seu on Christmas and your boss, TW&E listeners share their favorite Christmas music, and much more.
Hour A, Segment 1
Obama and congressional Republicans battle over payroll tax legislation
With Gingrich on his heels, Romney focuses on Obama
HHS chief Sebelius overrules FDA: "Plan B" restrictions to remain
Hour A, Segment 2
The lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree
A "Holiday Tree" in Rhode Island
Tulsa, Okla., residents mount new "Christmas" parade after a traditional parade drops "Christmas" from name
Hour A, Segment 3
The Gospel According to Peanuts
- Columnist and media producer Lee Habeeb is vice president for content development on the Salem Radio Network. His article about the history of A Charlie Brown Christmas appeared at National Review Online.
Hour A, Segment 4
Legal-affairs correspondent Mary Reichard reports on Monday's Supreme Court refusal to review a lower-court decision allowing public schools to refuse to rent space to churches
Study finds broadly unfavorable reaction to name "Southern Baptist"
Hour A, Segment 5
Hour B, Segment 1
Britain balks, but other European Union nations reach an agreement
Former MF Global chief Corzine can't explain where the money went
Sex-selection abortion in the United States
- The New York Times reported on the new European agreement that will provide regional oversight of the financial affairs of national governments.
- WORLD News Group reporter Edward Lee Pitts writes here about a House hearing on The Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act of 2011. Read the text of the bill.
Hour B, Segment 2
"Notable Speeches Past & Present": President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Learn more about President Roosevelt's Dec. 8, 1941, "Day of Infamy" speech to a Joint Session of Congress.
Hour B, Segment 3
TW&E series "Favorite Songs of Christmas"
- During December, TW&E listeners are telling us about their favorite Christmas music.
- This week, we hear from Steve Moore, co-host of Moneywise, a daily radio program produced by Compass-Finances God's Way.
- "Candelight Carol" is by English composer John Rutter. Ray Charles' album, The Spirit of Christmas, was originally released in 1985.
Tell us about your favorite Christmas song and favorite Christmas recording! Email email@example.com
Hour B, Segment 4
Religious Freedom Commission in peril
Obama administration adds homosexual rights to international human-rights agenda
Hour B, Segment 5
The TW&E History Book
- Dec. 12, 1870 - Republican Joseph H. Rainey of South Carolina becomes the first black member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Dec. 10, 1948 - The United Nations General Assembly adopts its Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
- Dec. 10, 2001 - The Fellowship of the Ring, the first director Peter Jackson's three-film adaption of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy, premieres in London. (The New York opening came three days later). The film was a box office smash and went on to win four Academy Awards.