Ad Versions & Sizes
Ad artwork must be provided for both vertical and horizontal viewing.
Vertical Pages: 418.9 x 547.636 points (768 x 1004 pixels at 132 DPI)
Horizontal Pages: 558.5 x 408 points (1024 x 748 pixels at 132 DPI)
Format & Resolution
- .jpg files are preferred, PDF files are acceptable as long as the horizontal and vertical versions are
saved as separate files.
- All images should be at least 132 DPI, RGB color mode. Using a CMYK color mode may yield unexpected
- There is no bleed. Art should extend no further than the edge of the page.
- Margins for live area should be at least 27 pt or 3/8". The app's navigation tools pop up from the top and bottom
of the screen when activated, so this live are is most critical along the top and bottom edges.
OPTIONAL: INTERACTIVE CONTENT
- A single video may be placed within each ad. Videos are embedded in the app for smooth playback, and must be uploaded to
our dedicated FTP site. Please contact
your Account Executive for further information.
- Video viewing areas in the ad may be any dimension, but it is up to advertisers to create their own "play"
- Please be aware that if the video viewing frame in the layout is not constrained to a 16 x 9 ratio, the edges will
be filled with black space
- Acceptable video formats: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to
160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v,.mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 MBPS, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames
per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 KBPS per channel, 48kHz,stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
Motion JPEG(M-JPEG) up to 35 MBPS, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ULAW, and PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
Audio files in .mp3 may also be embedded in the app, and should be uploaded to our FTP site. As with videos, it is up to the advertisers
to create their own "play" button graphic in the ad layout.
Advertisers may link text in their ads to websites. Links will open in a full screen pop-up browser window within the iPad app. Please note that
due to iPad's hardware restrictions, any Flash elements on a website will not be viewable. Links must include the full URL, formatted as